Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 Starting Trouble Sometimes?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by josh_182, May 3, 2007.

1. Hey guys, my bike has had a bad oil leak last few weeks so i took it in to get fixed and they fixed the leak fine, they also told e my cachain is stuffed and needs a new one pretty soon and it won't idle correctly because of that and has lost power down low but since it's come back from the mechanic he set it to idle at 1500RPM if I am at the light and go to take off sometimes the bike will stall no matter how uch i give it then won't start for about 5 minutes then it'll be fine til next time it does it?? It has on;ly done this since the mechanic had it but surely he couldn't cause that lol, any ideas what the prob is?

2. I've had a similar problem with my bike, a ZZR 250 '92 model, where if I stall it (for whatever reason) it doesn't start again straight away. Pressing the starter just doesn't do anything, no sound, nothing...

The only foolproof solution I found was to avoid stalling it, by pulling the clutch in the moment I think it might stall. It seemed that the more I avoid stalling, the better behaved it is in the future, and the less effort I need to put into stopping it from stalling. I know thats not much help though.

If the problem does happen, I just hold down the starter, 30 seconds or a minute at a time (I know thats not recommended, but since it doesn't seem to be doing/engaging anything, I figure its not a problem). Eventually it will roar into life. I spoke to a friend about this, and he had the exact same problem with his own ZZR.

Since I'm new to bikes though, maybe someone else has some better advice.