Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 question

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by DaRock, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I'd like to hear from all the ZZR250 riders (or ex-riders). My question is how well the ZZR250 handles the weight when you have a pillion passenger? Particularly with a combined 130 - 140kg?

2. My one complaint about the ZZR250 is that the back end sags under load. And putting a pillion on the back really accentuates this issue.
    Other than that they are a fantastic bike.

3. if the total weight is 130-140 combined then it will do ok. you wouldnt want to continually ride with a pillion on a 250cc anyway. i rode mine and im 110kg. its a little saggy and if you are doing a lot of it, then adjust your preload of the back shocks. you could always replace the rear shock with better shocks but i dont really see the point.

4. I use my ZZR for the daily commute....which I love it for. Flickable, enough power for around town, economic, and thin for getting through traffic. Chuck a pillion behind you and things change....it will do it, but it certainly won't love it. No way would I go for a long tour with someone on the back....I'm sure it would still do it, but it would not be enjoyable. The bike doesn't feel all that stable and you really have to concentrate (as you should be anyway) to manage it properly. . Having said that the grab handles are good and it is relatively comfortable for whoever you do plonk on the back.

Remove pillion = back to fun

5. I never pillioned on my zzr250, but I did take the weight of one on the back a few times. No problems.