Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 - No gow in low end When warm

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Neo_nick, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Hey Guys And Gals,
    i sent my bike to brighton kawasaki to have the carbies looked at as i was having touble getting it to idle etc

Anyway they replaced the emultion tubes and the kets i think and it was running fine when i took it for a ride - howver after about 20mins it was almost stalling and has no go in teh bottom end like it was running rich.
    It was fine at higher rpm but when taking off it was struggling till about 6grand!

Anyway - i pulled the tank off bike to see if i could se eanything they missed and put it back on and the bike was fine again till i rode it again for 20mins and i had the same problem.

Upon pulling up at home fuel was leaking out of the carby drainage tube - and there was abit of a puddle of fuel

Any Ideas?
  2. Sounds like needle and seat/flooding carbs to me. Probably crud in the fuel tank.
    I'd drain the carb float bowls and fit a fuel filter stat!

Regards, Andrew.
  3. i had similar take off issues from idle when i set my idle mixtures too rich.

till i was told how to tune them.... screw them in till it faulters then back out a tad.

hope ya get purring again
  4. Thanks andrew, ill give that a shot and pick up a fuel filter

The tank is still pretty full of fuel, so its not like it got low and got all teh crud
  5. Just to let you know the float needles were stuffed apparently!