Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr250 Integrated indicators

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Enrgkid, May 29, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Quick question guys, I don't know if any of you are aware, but way back about the time my bike was imported, for compliance the indicators had to be removed from the integrated spot, to stalks, now I'm thinking that I want to fill the hole where the integrated ones were, because it looks ugly.

Now my dilemma is how to fill these holes. Do I buy some indicator covers and then see if I can match the paint of the bike?

Or do I try and find an alternative way to shape something and fill it that way? any suggestions guys?

2. Do you have any pictures?
  3. Just paint the indicator lenses, like Kawasaki Australia did ;)

Or put your indicators back in there...
  4. I don't have the Indicator covers, haha. do you know where I could match the paint??
  5. Strange. Better post a pic of what you do have.
  6. Could put mesh in the holes if you can't get lenses.
    Or fill the holes with filler, sand the whole fairing back and respray.
  7. haha, I'll take a pic in the morning and upload it.
    I essentially Just have the internals, but no covers.

So I'm wondering how hard it is to match factory colours, If I do decide to go ahead and paint them.
  8. I think I know what I'm going to do, I have some old carbon wrap lying around, so I might buy the lenses and then Carbon wrap them.
  9. get rid of the stalks and use the in built ones, it will look so much better.
  10. According to the law I can't, the whole reason the stalks are on there is the compliance issue when the zzr's were imported.
  11. eh, there only guidelines...

i wish i had somewhere for flush indicators, just makes the bike look cleaner... soapy water helps too
  12. and looking at the pics above, im not sure why they wouldnt be legal
  13. Here's a pic of my old ZZR when it was sitting in Manheim's yard. Flush mount indicators are nice. I miss that bike ...

14. They are nice, maybe I'll make it a weekend job, If I do go ahead, where can I find the bulb holders and such??
  15. Basic process was this;

1 - Remove stalk indicators
    2 - Remove wiring from stalks and run to tail lights
    3 - Remove tail light inner and outer
    4 - Superglue T15 bulb holder in to inner case (get from Supercheap or go steal some from a Falcon or Commodore at the wreckers)
    5 - Solder cables from stalks in to T15 bulb holder
    6 - Reassemble on bike

Very easy job and definitely makes the bike look much nicer. I did that to my bike within two weeks of owning it and rode every day for 6 months before it was written off. Didn't get pulled up or questioned at all about it.
  16. sounds like that Might be the way to go. will have to handle it for now, but probably in about a month I'll do that:)
  17. Need a hand at all just shout out, I'll do what I can from across the border :)
  18. Thanks Acid, Appreciate it. I gotta admit, I'm excited to get on my new little toy.
  19. You should be, they're a fun machine. Can turn on a dime and you can wring it's neck and not feel threatened. My Ducati is a boat in comparison.