Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 - Indicative cost for major service ?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by I'm Simon, Sep 7, 2007.

1. I am coming up to 24k on the ZZR, I am assuming the major service will need to be completed (I don't have the service history). Can any other ZZR riders give me an idea of what $ I am up for ?

2. depends on parts that need replacing. Ball park figure, I remember my 18,000 being $450.

Go see Mick and Frank at Brighton Kawasaki, the best in the business.
  3. Thanks doonx, got her booked in at City West Yamaha, have heard good reports on their service from port80 and Drew, Brighton is a little out of the way for me.
  4. how did it all go? got my gpx coming up on 24 soonish and i'm curious what i'm up for
  5. I paid 600 for valve clearances, carbs, alot of general adjusting, new fork oil + new springs + adjusting suspension for my weight + bleeding brakes, and cam chain adjustment, various stuff like that. Felt so much better afterwards..
  6. What are the service intervals on the zzr? (I don't have the bike/manual yet).

I'm looking at getting a zzr but don't know when the next service is due.
  7. for a 2006 model they are 1000k, 6000k, 12,000k, 18,000k, 24000k, 30,000k, 36000k, 42000k and so on and so forth
  8. I recommend every 5000ks for oil and every 10000k for oil and plugs
  9. Anyone have an approximate price for a 18k service on the zzr?
  10. $300 tops
  11. ty phizog!

Is this still current?

(I'm from Melbs SE Suburbs)