Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 - Headlight only works on High Beam

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by havok9, Oct 18, 2006.

1. I discovered last night while riding home in the dark, that my headlight doesn't work on Low Beam. It was working last week, but now it will only work on High Beam.
    I'm not really sure how the high beam/low beam thing works - are there two filaments in the headlight bulb and the low beam one has blown?

Or does it sound more like an electrical problem?

Cheers.

2. Yer, the zzr250 uses the same globe for low/high beam so its probably just shagged the low beam filament.

3. yeah you are correct, the hi and lo are in the same globe (H4) however they have seperate filament. seems like your low beam has blown

I had this problem before and i had to ride with my high beams on and pissed off alot of cages, but it was either piss them off or not be seen :)

4. Id say the low beam filament has crapped out. Go buy yourself a new globe and see if that fixes it (worth about $7 unless of course Kawasaki likes using H7 bulbs like Honda [I buy H4's and bend the tabs so they go in. Saves me a fortune on globes]). Also check your fuses. I doubt high and low beam are on different fuses but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

If not then you have bigger issues and its time to see an auto electrician.

5. Hehe yeah, I got honked at about a dozen times last night and had lights flashed at me too, but I'd rather that than have no light on and not be seen.

Thanks for your quick replies everyone, I'll head down and grab a new bulb at lunchtime.