Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr250 front suspention issues..

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by paynebrody, Dec 29, 2009.

1. gday everyone. iv been in india for the last month and i came home to find the left fork seal on my zzr250 has been leaking a bit of oil. i went for a ride the other night and discovered that when i take my weight off the bars, my front end starts to rattle back and forth, like a mini tankslapper. if i were to take my hands off the bars completely the rattle would turn into a full blow tank slap situation. is it likely that the cause ofthis 'rattle' is the leaking fork seal? if so, are they tricky to replace? iv recently done the valve clearences so im not afraid to pull my bike to bits.. ;)
    thanks guys.

2. I suggest you first have a good look at the front tyre to see if it is worn as this will normally cause the front to shake if you let go of the bars.
  3. as above plus check steering head bearings
  4. thanks for the thoughts guys. the front wheel seems fine in every way, not worn and the lead balance weight in still in place. the head set bearings also seem fine.. the only thing out of place is the (slight) oil leak on the left fork arm.