Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 - Flat spotting on take off ?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by I'm Simon, May 3, 2007.

1. Ok, this has happened only a couple of times at the lights, but basically I have gone to take off and the bike loses power, almost stalls and then I have to give it a fistful of revs to get going. Bike will then travel fine for the next set of say five lights and then it happens again.

The bike was at least 1/2 to 3/4 full at the time so I don't think that it would be dirty fuel.

Any ideas ?

2. your choke wasnt on slighly was it? I have done it a couple of times and not fully turned the choke off :oops: it would stall at an intersection when I stoped and also played funnybugers when taking off.

3. I actually completely forgot to turn the choke off this afternoon :oops: . I couldn't work out why it was idling in nuetral at 5000rpm, and kept stalling unless i was playing with the clutch. Took me about 5 minutes to work out what was wrong. Only been riding two weeks, but still felt like a right knob.

4. Mine was doing this and pissing out fuel when i stopped
    Turned out to be the float needles