Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR250 colour info

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Jimboss123, Jun 16, 2009.

1. I have a question regarding the paint on my bike, i have a 2004 Kawasaki zzr250 in the metallic red colour, one side has been sprayed with a normal gloss red after being dropped (previous owner), and i was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get some paint to re-spray one side?

I have all the spray equipment, so i really just need the paint to match, i am thinking if i can't get an exact match up from factory specs, i'll take it to one of the local smash repair places and get them to colour match for me.

Thanks in advance.

2. Not sure about what you are asking, but you should definately get the whole bike resprayed. You'll still have colour missmatching when spraying only one side, and it isn't too much more expensive to get the lot done.

3. it would be extremely difficult to get an EXACT match.

+1 to what KBiker said, you definately consider respraying your whole bike or even give it a custom paint job :wink:

Plus if you've already got all the equipment, your pretti much better off then everyone else who wants to get a paint job done.

4. make your own design! get paints and spray yourself. make it one of a kind spray job

5. Thanks for the responses everyone, i think i will go to Capital Auto Paints (here in Canberra), i've heard they do good work, and get them to do a match on the existing colour and then spray the whole bike.

Has anyone had any experience using the metal paint flecks that you can get on ebay that you mix through with the clear coat? (i don't have 5 posts yet, so i can't post the url for the ebay link, but if you search 'metal flake' it comes up)

I saw this and it peaked my interest, just wondering if anyone has any experience with it at all.

Thanks again.

6. it makes it glittery like yea? no experience but i bet it'll look good if you did it right, but then you have to do it to both sides.

7. Yeah, i've resigned myself to the fact that i will need to respray all the painted bits. I was just hoping to get away with to a lazy job and not have to bother taking off all the stickers and kawasaki logo on the tank. But i suppose if i spend the time on it, it will come out looking a lot better.

The flakes are the glittery stuff you see on show cars and harley's etc, i was hoping to see if anybody has used it on a normal everyday use bike and to see how it holds up against fading / chipping etc.