Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZR starting problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by booga666, May 27, 2006.

1. Hey i finally got a bike! i test rode it yesterday, started it a few times yesterday last night and 2day it wont start! i tried push starting full throtle nuffin will work it smells and sounds flooded,
    any1 no a way 2 start it.
    i finally got a bike and license got a sunny sydney day and i can ride!!!! :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. when you push the starter button does it try to start at all, you hear the starter or not? if there is nothing, battery might be flat. if tried to grind, clear up the flood a little bit before starting, like keep the throttle open for a few seconds then push the starter button, see if it works.

just my 2c worth.
  3. yeah its cranking bat a bit flat but jumping it now!
    i tried with throtle open with choke without!
    NUFFIN just cranks!
  4. got a hill? if it's the battery and there's something left in it, ZZRs start quite easily with a roll-start. gather a bit of momentum and kick her into first (warning - u might want a friend with you at the bottom of the hill to help push her back up if it doesn't work :))
  5. yeah i tried it did wana go but i could get much speed up!