Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr difference between grey and local models

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by CityEnd, Jun 23, 2006.

1. hey all,

I went bike shopping with a friend today and we came across a 97 zzr which had the same purple paint job to my 92 and the rear duck tail still had the orange lens for the overseas model zzrs. but the shop owner insisted the bike was an aussie model imported by kawasaki...

first of all i thought the purple 92 one was just around that time... am i wrong? i know there are other purple models but they are a different in colour and pattern.

so am i wrong or the shop owner is trying to pull a fast one over us? what other ways to tell the difference bettween a grey import and a local model?

2. sounds a bit suss to me. mine is a 97 and is dark purple but it isn't that scheme (see here)
  3. Check the manafacturers label attached to the steering stem, it may well be different on an imported model, the one on Lin's bike is.
    Actually gives the date it was imported and who by.