Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr 600 good choice

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by dr650, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Hi guys, i will be soon be of restrictions and am looking at upgrading to a road bike.I currently ride a 650 road/trail and have only ever ridden dirt style bikes.I like the look of the zzr 600mid to late 90's.Any advice from current or previous owners.Looking for a bike for commuting and longer style trips...cheers

2. Ah certenly one of the best!! The ZZR600 is in my opinion a bit squed towards touring rather than sports... but boy does it ever eat up those distances!! and a great bike through the twistes! I have hed two of them.. a 93 and a 96... not much differences b/w the two except the 96 has a bigger cluch... the ealier modles than the 93 are getting on with their age so I would be looking for a 95 onwards as it has not been changed till now...

3. Good luck with the search........ after looking at and riding various bikes, it's the ZZR600 I've decided on too...... if I can find one....

4. The problem with finding a good one is that people keep them till they die.. and that can be 200,000 + km but than on the other hand during winter time they are cheep... expect to pay around $5000-$6000 for a 94 to 96 in good condition with service books...

LOL if any one is interested I still have forks, tripple clamps and rear wheel plus other bits to fit ZZR600...