Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr 250 fairings

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by pommydave, May 19, 2011.

1. Hey,

Can anyone tell me how I can get new fairings for my scratched ZZR 250 2002? Its a champagne or gold/white colour. I had a fall a week ago and the insurance may scrap it cos of the 'cosmetic' damage even though the mechanical parts would only cost $300!!!!!!

I dont want it scrapped as it was in great condition- til I got my dozy mitts on it! I'd rather get it fixed mechanically and sort the fairings myself.

Cheers

2. Ebay.
    You can get a full set of fairings for $500 delivered.
    $25 for enough paint to match the tank.
    $25 for new sticker for the tank.

They also come in a range of colours.

3. Dave, beware of ebay, if you are going to attempt to get off ebay, make sure you get INJECTION molded, they are more reliable and a closer match to OEM, stay away from "PRESS" molded. Trust me, we have china fairings and they are HOPELESS, to return them costs more than 2 x what we paid for them. We got PRESS molded and they suk.

4. We'll be looking at getting some later in the year. Thanks for the advice PGriz.

5. No worries, knowing nuffin about them, me and my mate got burned, thinking we bought off a guy with good reviews lol. Good reviews can mean NOTHING! i left a good review, why? because i would have lost the $550US if i didn't. PayPal offered zero protection, they are a joke! to get a full $550US i had to send the package at my own cost back to the seller. It would have cost me $1000+ to ship back to china from Aus because the package was to big to use Aus Post services, and the courier companies are a RIP. So bargained $200US back for a positive review. Sucks i know, really didn't want to leave a positive review, but we were in damage control and needed to recoup some of the costs.

So if i can save someone else the heartache and stress trying to firstly, apply fairings that don't match, then raising a dispute with the seller and paypal, then being told tough cookies, then i'm glad to help others and stop them going through the same crap.