Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr 250 brake pad and tire options?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kyo3email, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Question:
    Does the zzr 250 have any other brake brake pad and tire options?

If it does i was wondering upon some recommendations.

I went to my local motor bike store, which said there wasn't any choice in terms of zzr brake pads. But i have read us forums which say there are.

Also in terms of tires, i was looking for something a little sticker than the standard arrowmax's.

and heck while i'm asking questions, i was also wonderin if anyone knows where in syd i might source a cheapish sv650 rear shocky. ebay hasn't turned up any results for me...

2. Answering your last question first - https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59660

Stores should be able to give you a choice in brand and pad type for your brakes, there isn't only one for a ZZR.

In terms of tyres, you might want to try a set of Sport Demons or BT45's. Both are quite good tyres, in the wet too.
  3. ginji

Thanks just the info i was looking for!
  4. and shop around for tyres.. some bastards will try to bend you over good..
  5. I replaced my std pads with SBS sintered pads (scandinavian brake systems :?: ). The difference was immense, better feel, way more power, less effort required - I should have done it earlier! :grin:

Tyres... you've probly got dfrnt sizes to me. I put on Dunlop (tt900 :?:) and they are great soft compound. Due to weight of bike (lack of it), still get decent wear out of them.
  6. how much would a set of 17's sport demons cost?
  7. I just put on a pair of BT45s on my ZZR ($290 fitted)

Couldnt be happier! - Compared with the 8yr old, crumbling square crap I had on before the bike feels like new - corners SOOOO much more easily!
  8. Well, they were an option I looked into recently for my GS500, they where cheaper than Metzler Lasertec, Michilin Pilot Activ and Bridegstone BT-45. $265 the set i think it was. Not sure if the ZZR is the same sizing though, that's for 110/70 front and 130/70 rear.