Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zzr 1100 strange

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lazybear, Jun 14, 2005.

1. I have a zzr 1100 - 1992. All usual cheks are done, valves, carbs,pluggs etc. The problem is when I am trying to start a warm engine, which fails every time. I have to wait at least two hours before starting the engine again. The engine drives in all other aspects normally and starts easily when cold. Battery is new and charging is normal. The startor is ok. Compression test gave good results in cold and warm conditions. I might think that this would be an electric matter. Where should I look?

2. Need more info.

Is it turning over quickly on the starter motor, or is it struggling?

Is it just not firing?

If it's turning over quickly, but not firing I'd guess you need to go to one grade cooler plugs.

If its struggling to turn over I'd say you are cooking the battery. So you either need a new battery or if it's fairly new, you need to figure out why it is cooking.

Have you had any work done? What?
  3. thanks

The starter motor is not the issue. I will try with the cooler plugs and see if that do the trick.

4. you say it's easy to start when cold - do you have to use the choke much (or at all)?