Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZr 1100 Overheating

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Guzzi1, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum. I've just picked up a 95 ZZR 1100. As I rode through Sydney yesterday it got very hot. It doesn't look as though the thermo fan is cutting in. On the open road it is fine. Does anyone know of a common fault with these or will I just start with the Fan and work my way through the wiring from there. Any advise would be helpfull. Thanks.

2. It's probable the temperature switch for the fan.

Hotwire the fan by running a wire from each of the battery terminals. If it works, then it's either the switch or a loose terminal.

The switch will be a fitting screwed into the engine block or somewhere in the piping, pump etc.
  3. Thanks for your input. I tested the fan and it worked well. Then I bypassed the switch and the fan still worked weel so I'm up for a new switch. I'll let you know how it goes when it's fixed.