Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZZ-R250s - H3, H5 etc. What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by LineNoise, May 16, 2005.

1. A friend of mine is looking for a cheap bike ($3k + a bit price limit :? ) and we've noticed that the model numbers seem to have an H3 or H5 (they're the only ones we've come across) after them.

Are there any actual differences worth worrying about or is it just an indicator of the evolution of the motorcycle?
  2. for that price get a gpx.
    ZZRs r uglier =p
  3. I like my ZZR. :D

My understanding is the latest model is about a H14, and that each previous year or so, the model number drops back a number. H3 will be about a 1993 model. It's not perfect I'm sure, but it is roughly right.

The engine has stayed pretty much the same (and is the same used in GPX too) during the whole ZZRs life. I think there has just been some suttle changes with fairings, instrument layout and little bits and pieces like that over the years. Certainly nothing major has altered.

Hope that helps.

- Jase