Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZXRC oil check

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by zxparker, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Can someone please let me know where I check the oil on this thing? I got it last week and Im sure its fine (hope) but I can see there is a small cap on the right hand side but I'll be buggered if I can unscrew it! :oops:

2. Below the small cap should be a small glass round window. There will be two lines marked on the glass as low and high (or similiar). When upright, with the engine not running and having sat for at least 1 minute, the oil level should be between the low and high marks.

3. Probably don't need to unscrew the cap as most bikes have a glass window to check the oil level with the exception of some hondas which have a screw in dipstick. If you really want to unscrew the cap try when the engine is hot.. you'll probably need to put a rag on it so you can get a good grip on the hot nylon/plastic cap. If that doesn't work try again when the engine is cold. Careful using pliers or similar to gain leverage because they will score the cap and those sharp bits will cut you when you try to do it by hand in the future.... put a rag on the cap to protect it.