Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZXR250 (ZX2R) Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Guest, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Sorry if this is a really dumb question. On the ZX2R there are two hoses that go over the bars, what are these ? Do they get in the road when riding/ are they a nusance ?

Secondly is there a company in Melbourne that performs motorcycle inspections for purchasers (such as the RACV do on cars) ?

If do you just approach a mechanic and ask them ? Or what ? (ps I dont know anybody else who rides)

Thanks

Tim

2. [EDIT: I stand corrected on the ram air]

They do make it hard to see the controls (indicators, horn, high beam switch etc.) but once you get to know them, they're not an issue.

Some people love em, some people hate em.
    I think they give the bike a cyber-man (from doctor who) feel about it.

3. The ram air for ZXR250's is located on the left main fairing, the hoses on top of the tank provide cooling for the bikes electronics that sit above the motor, take your tank off and have a look.

What I want to know is where to find the damping adjusters on the bottom of the forks, I can find one but not the other?