Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZXR250 muffler

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by rupz, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I'm just wondering whether anyone knows if the connection for the slip on mufflers is the same between the zxr250 "A" and "C" models? Looking to replace my muffler with this one:

http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=71_815_817&products_id=1529

however it states the muffler is for the C version of the bike while I have an A version. I have already emailed tyga however they did not know if it will fit without modification.

Cheers guys.

2. If it doesnt, any exhaust shop worth their chips could fix you up in about 10 minutes. Probably wont be a slip on anymore though, but setting up a flange so you can still bolt on/off your old muffler should be simple enough.

3. Sounds alright I guess. Thanks.

Do you know what kind of price I'm looking at paying? Any shop recommendations?

4. case of beer

5. Case of beer for you to help me or a shop?

What type of beer are we talking about? Not the fancy imported stuff hopefully! :p

6. for them. i dont drink

7. As far as I am aware, the exhaust and muffler of the ZXR250A are identical to those of the ZXR250C.

8. Cheers mate. That's great!

9. Yea, my 250A has an aftermarket exhaust, it's marked as a 250C model. So it would seem that they are interchangeable, bike runs fine with this exhaust.