Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZXR250 Good Price?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by virtual_circuit, May 7, 2008.

1. I am looking at a ZXR250 1999 Grey Import with 20K Clicks on the clock, the fairing are in good nick, and my mate said it feels like it runs well. It has an aftermarket exhaust and rego untill November. He is asking $5500 can anyone comment if this is a good deal or not.

2. How long do you want to keep it?

I was planning on spending a similar amount, but got advised by a mate that even if I didn't think so now, I would want a bigger bike by the time I was off restrictions.

So went with my fizzer for <1/2 what you are paying, beat up fairings but mechanically sound.

Also depending on what state you are in that might not be lams legal (if in victoria with lams coming in I would expect the price on that to drop)

3. If the following don't need replacing anytime soon:
    tyres
    chain and sprocket
    other consumeables, eg. coolant
    rego

And it has a service history, and its not scheduled for a service soon,
    And a check from bike mechanic comes back with thumbs up

Then buy it for 5k.

4. I second what nudge said. If you just want the bike to learn on and have a blast, a cheaper example with a couple of scratches is better value and you wont cry if you drop it in the drive way. They are a great bike, loads of fun. I've never ridden any bike that just keeps revving for so long.

If I were in your position, for that much I'd want to look at insurance for it, and probably no insurance company will insure it for more than 3500. So i'd get a cheaper example, and then not have to worry about insurance or crashing it.

5. Hey Cheers guys for the advice, i let my roommate use my account while i was away he has his heart set on that bike! But at least he is going to inspect a few other bikes before committing, i will have to make him signup on the site. :p