Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZXR250 - Changing/Draining Coolant

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by maria, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Hi All,

I'm new and I know VERY little about bikes.
    I recently had some rust issues with my tank. Thankfully that is now resolved as a friend changed the spark plugs and cleaned the carbs and the bike is running fine.

Now, I'm just doing some general maintenance...
    I was wondering how to drain the coolant so I can put a new mixture in. So far:
    I removed what I thought (or should I say my father thought) to be the hose to drain the coolant. A litre of greenish mixture did came out. However when I looked into the reserve tank its still full.

Did I remove the wrong hose or is there more than one place to drain the coolant?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  2. You should have a look at the Maintenance Manual for the ZXR250. Do a search and you'll find it. I know I did..

it'll be able to show you how to properly drain the coolant.
  3. just tell him how to do it and post shit like go and do a search. whats the point of that? if you know then give him the advice, if not then dont post up crap.

4. :evil: Says you troll. Why don't you post how to do it, coz apparently you have a the same bike yourself? :roll:

Or are you too busy not getting some so you have to vent your frustrations on others? If so, clearly your nick isn't indicative of the abilities you think you have.

Oh yeah, the the point of that is because I don't know how to do it but I do know that the manual has instructions on how to do it.

If you want a fight, go to a pub, buy a beer and push the guy next to you.

Here's your foot. Now go put it in your frickin' mouth, asshat.
  5. Well if we're getting narky about posting crap Rootmasta, you might want to stop calling Maria a "him".

Sorry Maria, I don't know anything about ZXR's. Good luck.
  6. http://hosted.filefront.com/qldzxr250a/1471835

in there maria
  7. ok i did a search around too coz i yet to know how to do it but i now do. i will take pics tonight and post them up for you.
  8. You usualy have to tip the reserve tank out to empty it. The manual for my ZX6R says take it off and turn it upside down.

You dont usually drain by removing the hose. Theres a drain screw at the waterpump (it looks like other screws so you will probably need a picture to find it). There will be more coolant still in the bottom of the engine that you need to drain with the screw.

There might be a manual on KSRC, they have most of the Kawasakis.
  9. I find it's easiest to just remove it and tip it up side down. It won't empty otherwise as the overflow relies on pressure changes within the radiator for flow.