Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Zxr250 air flow hoses

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Dirrin, May 15, 2007.

1. Has any one moded the hoses for air flow from next to the front lights to in front of the tank. I thought about changing them so that they were colour coded to the rest of the bike or putting some kind of sleeve over it. Any one done this or seen it???

2. Remember that thoses tubes do nothing, they are not ram air, go straight into tank. I reckon they actually slow the bike down, make the bike less aero dynamic. :grin: :grin: (if only that little bit)

My mate has nice stainless steel ones. They look better then thoses tacky plastic ones. Came with bike so not sure where they are from.
  3. They will of been there for some reason but yea i thought they did crap allbut i wasn't sure
  4. They're there to cool the electrics. Last time I had the tank off there was something like a heatsinc in there, maybe the rectifier.

I changed my ones which were grey to black to match my bike also black.
  5. They were put there to mimick it's big brother, which uses them in its induction system. On the 250 they are there for looks, similar to the RVF400.
  6. Theyre to cool the electrics.

ZXR250A with the updated swing-arm also had the aluminium hoses. 1990 model only.