Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Zx6r Flasher Relay Leds

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by sparz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hello,

So i bought some rear LED indicators for my 05 zx6r. I plugged em up and they just stay lit (sometimes theyll flash once or twice). The flasher relay model is "fz233sd". On it, it says 21W + 10W + LED, therefore i thought it would support LED indicators? Does it matter that my front indicators are still bulbs?

This relay has 2 prongs, although where it plugs in has 3 holes. I know nothing about this, but if i need ot buy a new relay, can i use a 3 prong relay?

Thanks

2. Ok so.... if i turn the bike on, the vibrations make the flasher work (the indicators blink, although a bit slow....) i guess this will do until someone replies :-O

3. I suspect that your relay will only work with bulbs.
    Because you have a mixture of bulb & LED, then your best option is to buy resistors for the rear LED's, which go between your LED wires & the harness connector. There are pre-made ones which have the connectors to suit your bike, which you should be able to get/order from any motorcycle shop. But you could always make your own for much cheaper with parts from dick smith.
    You could also replace your front blinkers with LED's and then replace your relay with an LED specific unit.