Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

zx2r service in Adelaide

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Bluespawn, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Hi guys, now I'm looking to get my zx2r serviced and cam chain tightened (hopefully not replaced) now I spoke to a guy that works at Boltons Kawazaki as I was going to buy a bike from them, he said stay away from the zx2r as they are expensive to fix and can just break then cost like 3.5k to get a rebuilt motor in for it.

Now, based on this statement from him, should that be a place that I should be taking my bike too? They obviously don't like that particular bike, so I was wondering if there are any other places I could take my bike.

Any suggestions at all would be good. Thx.

2. Sell it privately. It'll take a little longer, but in the end you'll find a boy-racer with rose-coloured glasses and enough cash.

Then you can bargain with Boltons for the price.
  3. Ah sorry, perhaps I didn't quite explain myself. I want to keep the zx2r, but just have to get it serviced. I'm not buying a bike from Boltons now. Just looking for a place that will do a good service regardless of the bike.
  4. Oh, sorry I didn't notice that you'd be intending to keep the ZX-2R too.

Perhaps Bolton's are a little hesitant, but I'm not aware of many other places in Adelaide with as good a reputation. I guess I can't help with that one, best of luck.
  5. it does not cost 3.5k to rebuild the engine if it goes wrong. i think he is just trying to scare ya mate.

as for servicing, you can do most of the stuff yourself and just get boltons to tune your carbs. i think the cam chain should adjust itself but if its gone, u have to replace the tensioner and chain. boltons is the cheapest place i know of in adelaide.

if you dont know how to do most of the servicing yourself, you are welcome to bring your bike around to my place and i can help you do it. my major only costed me 200 bucks coz i did most of the things myself that i knew i could do.