Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ZX12R Exhaust, some ideas please.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Blue14, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Hey all, the 12 has done just over 1000klm had it's first service and now i am looking for some sound. I like the size of the standard pipe but i am looking for a deep note. So i want a big pipe and nothing overly loud. I have had some input from a few people but would like as many opinions as i could. And i know i will get them on here.. :) :)

2. Staintune!!! I know I keep saying it, but I reckon they're the best. (get the magic sticker with it too)
  3. are they a large pipe? and what is the magic sticker ?
  4. If you go to their web site you'll see the design of the pipe.
    The "magic sticker" is the sticker that shows that the pipe meets the EPA requirements. I'm not sure what's been happening in Victoria, but in NSW police and RAT people have been pulling over bikes and booking them if their muffler doesn't have a sticker on it that says it meets requirements (as standard pipes do)
    Staintune always supply that sticker with their replacement pipes.
  5. thanks rc. ill have a look.
  6. akrapovic
    best pipes in the business :D
    unfortunately most pricy aswell :cry:
  7. mate just want the best sound and best lookin pipe. price dont matter
  8. pppffftttt do they NOW FINALLY MAKE a pipe for the 12 :shock: still would not buy one. Yosh is the ONLY way to go.
    Bout friggen time

Cheers 8)

Just checked the site. rc36 you obviously must be a cycophant :shock: YOU recomend a product that they DON'T even make. Just checked the site and STILL NO pipes are available for a 12. ppppfffftttt

Cheers 8)
  10. Is this what you are after ???
    i can see where you are going to put the mods mate :wink:
  11. LOL yeah something like that..
  12. Thanks mate i am waiting for gos to let me know how he goes with his pipe. and i forgot about my original post. Lucky you are on the ball..
  13. Hey Glenn that goes faster than your Storm and I believe it was only in second gear to boot :p :p :p

Cheers 8)
  14. yeah thats what i wanted someone who actually has a 12 with a pipe. that looks nice. think i know what i will be lookin at..
  15. that is an absolutely wicked looking bike elduderino :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  16. thanks for your efforts hertz.. much appreciated. i got a price on the stainless and titanium. Stainless 750 and titanium 900, does that sound about right ?