Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Zongshen 250GS 2007

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by horto15, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I've got a car for sale hoping to get around the $4K mark (my avatoar). Someone has just offered me a trade for a 2007 Zongshen GS - I had never heard of it before so doing some digging. From what I am reading on here there are mixed reviews, one the one hand they are good for what they are (cheap, not flashy, work OK) on the other hand just cheap nasty imports.

Firstly, what would this bike be worth secondly is it worth considering a trade? I also have a 1992 Suzuki Across but it has been stolen and badly damaged, was thinking I could just wreck it then I've got the Zongshen and a bit of cash to bank but I'm not sure

opinions please :)

2. Sell the car for cash and buy something else. 4k will buy you a lot of bikes that aren't obscure and Chinese, with no resale value.
  3. i can't honestly remember reading any good reviews of chinese bikes where there wasn't an exchange of cash made
  4. Don't do it mate. If Chinese bikes were OK, you wouldn't have had to ask.
  5. Ditto what they all said. For 4k you could pick up...

a good Suzuki GS500 (reliable as anything, good torque & power etc etc)
    a good DRZ-400 (dirtbike, torquey, lotsa fun)
    average 90's Ducati 600SS (looks good but not as fun as the 750 or 900)
    ...all of which are learner legal and well recognised.

Not to mention legions of 90's 600cc supersports. Essentially, the world is your oyster.

- boingk
  6. They are about 4k new so I would be getting a cash adjustment.
  7. Those bikes are shit 100% poop.
  8. Try getting parts for one.
  9. What the chinese do well is external appearences

internally the parts are ****ing CHEESE. They literally melt and warp under their own action. STAY THE **** AWAY!