Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Zip Tied Indicators ok for rego?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Unconnected, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    The other day the indicator on my hornet broke off when i accidentally tightened the safety strap of my tank bag around it.

Anyway i have since used a bunch of heavy duty cable ties to re attach it to the bike and it performs its job perfectly well, in fact it feels more solidly attached then the non broken indicator.

Im just wondering, will this be allowed for rego? or will i need to get the steel mounting plate of the indicator welded back onto the headlight bracket.

Do you reckon they would believe me if i put zip ties on both indicators and claimed they were both welded on and said the zip ties were for extra structural support. :p

2. no and no
    get it fixed

3. You can probably find a part from a wrecker for a few dollars.

4. Put cable ties around both indicators, loop another cable tie through one of the ties so you have a loop standing up on each side, if they ask, tell the guy its a bungee hook loop..
    For added misdirection, run an occy strap between them.

5. that would probably work better if it was the rear indicators,
    Knew I shoulda read the OP first..