Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Zeal for a shortarse

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bravus, Sep 14, 2013.

1. #1 Bravus, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    My daughter is looking to get her first bike. She's 22 and 5'2" (153 cm I think), so flatfootability is important for an absolute beginner. She's been driving a manual for about 5 years, so that's one hurdle that shouldn't be too challenging. She's buying on a budget.

Saw a Zeal here at work the other day, and they have a lower seat than some of the other options - things like the VTR and the Baby Bandit (GSF250). And seem sportier and better put together (if older) than things like the CBF and the various new 125s.

Did a bit of a search here and got a few positive votes for the Zeal, and there are a couple of nice examples on Bikesales for under 3 grand.

2. I had one a couple of years ago, as my first bike.
    Good bike, easy to handle/learn on, good power for a 250, and pretty forgiving.
    Not as light as a CB250.
    Had one issue with it to do with the fuel pump - went through 2 mechanics to get it fixed.
    Sold it because i wanted to upgrade, when i got off restrictions.
    Mine had done around 60,000kms when i sold it.

3. Cool, thanks.
  4. Yep I can vouch they are a good fun bike to learn on and make a great sound on full noise if you're into the high reving Jap 4 cyl's.

Only problem I found was that parts are rare for them. Also try finding a parts list or service manual thats not in Japanese. Ain't going to happen.