Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Z750 Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by blucher_au, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hey guys!

Long time reader, not a regular poster but throught I'd ask for some help/advice.

I picked up my z750 (05) not that long ago, and the tail tidy that was on there had to be changed to the original one to pass road worthy.

I have the tail tidy to replace the fender but get so far and then don't want to touch anything because I don't know enough about the bike if I make a wrong move.

I was wondering if someone out there has or knows how to change the tail tidy over and wouldn't mind coming round to my place (western suburbs in Brisbane) and talk me through it and show me a thing or 2?

I work in a bottle shop so if you like wine - i can easily hook u up! Or beer or spirits...

Otherwise, I'm sure I can work out something to pay you for your time and help.

I managed to take the seats off, the rear cowling and can get to the connectors but can't remove my tool box to fully change the fenders over and switch the spade clips...

Thanks guys,
    Kris

2. Easier option? Take it to a mechanic who will pass it.

3. yeah only problem is i've lost my license till start of March so I was going to do some minor things to my bike and learn at the same time.

Nothing worse than wanting to do something, or needing to do something later, and not knowing how...

4. Tail tidy's pretty simple. There's not much there that can go wrong. From what i remember its just two bolts.

To remove the tool kit pull on the tab holding it in towards the rear of the bike and it simply clicks off.

Only tools you need is the small rachet thingo.....1/4 drive i think.