Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Z750, any reasons why not?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Loulou4, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ok I just posted this in the wrong place, so now I hope it is in the right place :facepalm:
    I took a Kawasaki Z750, amongst others, for a test ride today and really liked it. I think it will be the bike I up grade to :cool: .
    Does anyone know of any problems or the like that they(Z750) may have or any reasons that I should keep looking.
    Thanks, Louise

2. Pretty good choice for the next step.
    Practical, reliable, comfortable, fair amount of power, etc. :grin:
  3. it was one of the bikes on my list!
    Great bike, felt good, looks good too.
  4. I would love a Z750. Great looking bike. At the top of my list. :grin:
  5. Only one: that LCD display looks awful. And while the beauty might be in the eye of the beholder, I think it would be objectively very hard to read. Not only because of the usual problems of LCD screens in daylight, but it just seems to me it is poorly designed for absorbing information.
    It's not just me being a 'traditionalist', either. The fact is, nothing beats analogue round dial when it comes to getting a quick reading at a glance! It's no accident this is the type of gauge still used heavily in busy environment such as a cockpit of a plane.

It's a small thing perhaps, but it's a pet peeve of mine...

I think I'll be saving up for a BMW F800 instead.
  6. None.
    No regrets here.
    Dash is a common criticisim from testers but I've had no problems reading it in all light conditions, looks? thats a personal one.
  7. Dash has been fine for me too. I upgraded to the Z about six months ago from a VTR 250. I do a fair amount of riding (10'000 ks in 6 months) and I know for sure that I can push the bike a lot further than what I have already. So if you're looking for something that is going to last you a while, I would say the Z is a great choice.

There are plenty of aftermarket parts for it too, to make it look even better than it does stock.

my 2 cents.
  8. Thanks for your opinions all, Think I'll have to go shopping pretty soon :grin:
  9. I rode a Z750 on my licensing course in the NT. I loved it, so did the instructors who have huge amounts of expereince.

It still felt good after being flogged by noobs all weekend. Although that might have to be with the rule that if you bin the big bike you fail.
  10. I have the same dash on the zed and the zx6, you get used to it pretty easily :)

the zed's are an awesome bike :)
  11. Why not? Because there's a Z1000 parking next to the Z750 in the Kawasaki dealer. :LOL:
  12. Even the old ones are too! :cool:

Regards, Andrew.
  13. Sorry, I couldn't fault it either. Only reason I didn't get one (or the 1000) was I really needed a bit more fairing for the freeway stuff I always do. But if you're looking at nakeds, it's an excellent, value for money choice.

And it looks horn. ;)
  14. Had it for just over a year. Regret selling it, it's a great bike for commuting. I remember all reviewers were complaining about the dash at the time. I personally never had any problems with it. Last December a lot of dealers had run outs on z1000 for 13,700 with all on roads. Probably worth checking out.