Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Z1R Mini Bikini Vs R90S Mini replica fairing for GT250

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by FITZIE, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

Having made the decision to fit a Bikini fairing to my Hyo I have narrowed it down to two choices, The Z1R Mini or the R90S. Dealer has told me they will both fit and including universal mounting brackets are very reasonably priced.

I am leading heavily towards the Z1R and wonder if anyone has used or fitted either fairing and what was there impressions, ie fit, efficiency etc..

2. [​IMG]

(cough) Sorry, I should stop clicking on 'which screen for my naked bike' threads.
  3. You know when I posted I thought "I bet Loz will be first with some Internet wit" Good to see you didn't let me down :grin:

4. Decided on R90S after viewing image below. I Should get a very similar unique look on the Hyo :cool: . Fairing will require painting (metallic dark blue) prior to fitting so now I'm looking for a suitable painter to do the job at a reasonable price..
  5. It will adversely affect your steering. These lessons were learned in the 1970's. Buy nothing. Put your bux towards your next bike.
  6. This style will not adversely affect your steering. I've owned and ridden numerous bikes with a bikini fairing and never had a problem if it's properly fitted.

Current one below.

The old sit up and beg ones may cause problems however.
  7. Oh yes - and as a BMW owner, please do not ever ever use the words R90S in association with a Hyo!

THIS is a real R90S - it has a Bikini fairing (which were around before BMW released this motorcycle)

8. Sorry Tony, didn't mean to offend. The company who produce the replica fairing call it a R90S....I certainly would not presume to consider my humble but much loved Hyo to be in the class of such a classic BMW.

Thanks for the positive comment re steering (I failed to see how it would have impacted on the steering, although curious...)

9. man I clicked when I saw "mini bikini" didn't know you were talking about bikes..... was hoping for more of this [​IMG]