Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

YZF 1k EXUP valve

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by BLUEDOG, Aug 9, 2005.

1. :?: My YZF tacho has started indicatiing that theres a problem with my exup valve (as stated in owners manual). Give it to me staight people, is this gonna cost me a small country's annual budget to fix or is there some common minor fault that I can look for? Any help muchly appreciated.

Cheers and beers.

2. The cables to the exhaust valve go out of sync. Take it to your local yam dealer and ask them to reset the cables. If the cables have stretched new ones may be required but its very unlightly.
  3. Exup adjustments are easy to do yourself (takes about 15 minutes) - no special tools required. Take a look here: http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/exupmaintenance.html - its for a fz1 but all exup valves work the same and adjust the same.

If cable adjustment does not solve the problem you may need to actually clean the valve itself. The page above also tells you how to do this. Takes a bit longer, but still easy to do.

You should also drop by www.exupbrotherhood.com and visit the forums - if you continue to have problems they are great at troubleshooting anything with an exup.
  4. An NEW RECORD; two posts and the problem is solved, how good is Netrider???
  5. AND, both of them were ON topic.....
    I might have a tablet and sit down.......
  6. Thanks guys

looks like I'll have a busy Sat morning under the bike instead of on it. HAHA. Thanks again. :D