Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Youtube slower for everyone, or just me?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mcbigg, Feb 14, 2007.

1. I've noticed in the last week or two that Youtube is a lot slower than it used to be. The video will start playing for a few seconds, then pause for a few seconds to download more, constantly.

I've got a 1500 connection and it never used to be a problem, but lately its been every time.

Anyone else noticing the same thing?

(I thought google buying it would have made it better and quicker)
  2. i got the same problem, what you need to do when the videos start to load hit the pause button and let it buffer out before pressing play again then the veiwing will be constant without it pausing to buffer more
  3. Yep, same here. Do what qbnspeedfreak said. :)
  4. It seems to be, yeah As above, hit pause and go have a pit stop or make a coffee/wine/something stronger and come back to it :)
  5. Okay, thanks for the replies.

Not just me then. Good.

I do hit pause as has been suggested, but its just frustrating that I have to, when I never used to.

You'd think a billion dollar website would have its shit together a little better than two guys working from their back shed.
  6. Works OK for me here at work but I'm on a 100M connection :shock:

One thing I've noticed is that the BBC is getting pretty quick at getting all the Top Gear video's removed within hours of them being posted.

Remember we are over a year behind with what we see on SBS although they don't seem to be chasing the Torrents you can download within hours of an episode being shown in the UK on a Sunday evening (around 6am Monday here).