Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Your thoughts on this as an inexpensive ride ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by doonx, Nov 24, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

any cruiser riders interested in this ?

2. Nah, I wooden want one.

3. Look out here come the Greens...That's another tree in that bike :LOL:

4. I've heard the brakes are a bit wooden.....and it tends to lumber along.
    Good to see the cruiser makers branching out into alternative materials.
    It's knot a bad effort.
    I wonder where it's design roots lie?

Regards, Andrew.

5. BOOOOOOOO !!!!

6. the scary bit is that it probably works. :shock:

everything seems to be in place..

7. Another example of old being new.

There has been many cars with wood chassis before. Two I can think of off the top of my head is the 1910 Brush (has been around Aus, north to south and east to west) and a Volvo which races with the HSCRA in NSW.

A bit like the Yamaha M1's engine being made from a piece of ally. Bugatti was doing this in 1929 with an in-line 8. Or individual ignition coils Henry Ford used in 1914.

8. Another example of old being new.

There has been many cars with wood chassis before. Two I can think of off the top of my head is the 1910 Brush (has been around Aus, north to south and east to west) and a Volvo which races with the HSCRA in NSW.

A bit like the Yamaha M1's engine being made from a piece of ally. Bugatti was doing this in 1929 with an in-line 8. Or individual ignition coils Henry Ford used in 1914.

9. this bike is the greatest advance in harley davidson technology since they discovered the "alternator" in 1985

10. That's puntastic.

:LOL:

11. Yeah, you'd get board of it too quickly.

12. Morgan still use wooden chassis' on a few models.

13. No they don't. They use timber framework for the body and dor frames, but the chassis rails are a steel Z section. The floorpans are also plywood.
    Unfortunately, the combination above (in conjunction with their ancient sliding pillar front suspension)makes the Morgan a fairly ordinary handler but very light..........

Regards, Andrew.

14. Yup,just gives me a big 'woodie'...pun intended(sic) :roll: :LOL:

15. least it'd be cheap to repair... go to bunnings... i need a piece of 4 by 2... "what for"... "to repair my bike" :D

16. I'm disappointed there was no Hyosung jokes Loz! :grin: :p