Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Your FIRST post ... are you able to laugh at yourself.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by VCM, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Just for Shits & Giggles, How many of you have enough nerve to re-post your very FIRST NR post HERE.
    Come to think of it, posting someone else's FIRST post may be more interesting :p
    I had to laugh at mine ( re: one of those 'which foot' posts ) :LOL:

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:59 am Post subject: 46yo awkward Newbie on first bike ( Honda SL250 )

2. I don't want ot go back to my very first one, although I do remember making a point not to open by saying stuff like " It's a great forum", " You guys are tops", "so much knowledge here" etc....
    :wink:

3. I'm hitting the "you can't make another search yet" thingy, but I recollect that my first post was in a thread about Doom, of all things :LOL:.

4. After lurking I couldn't help but add my 2 cents worth.

5. :)

6. Well back then it was CBRBob :LOL:
    hmmmmm what a great 1st post

](*,) :rofl:

7. ;)

8. First one on a search but can't remember if it was or not? It is not even a silly one :-$

9. This is the earliest I can find, from the "what's your bike" thread back in 2004:

I guess I still agree with myself on that. People used to go mental for that bike. I bet big cruiser riders get it all the time. My current bike is virtually invisible except to anyone who knows their bikes - which is kind of a nice way to be.

10. aww c'mon vcm!
    you just decided to make up some bullshit thread as an excuse to repost your first post because nobody gave you an answer as to which foot to use and your still searching for an answer :rofl:

11. I snuck in - no suck up, no hi I'm a noob - just seek out a serious topic (giving up smoking in this case) and pretend I've been around for years :p

12. so i ended up with a cheapo bandit 250 and sold it within 4 months :)

13. Nothing always stay the same right :)

14. oh this is funny...how times have changed!

lol - yes....the speed limit....i remember that

15. When I was buying my spada :(

If only I'd gone for the GPX. On a positive note, three week until I've been riding for three years.

16. :-$ :LOL:
    I'm enjoying this thread :)
    and YES edgelett .. how times have changed.
    Rosie : I suspect midlife is not something exclusive to us guys.

I'm waiting for MG's post :
    I suspect it's this:

:shock: :LOL:

17. OMG... Did I really consider buying a bike from Action?? :roll:

You'll all be glad to know that I told them to bugger off and I bough a bike privately elsewhere. :cool:

I'm now on my 2nd Across and glad I learned a harsh lesson early before it cost me a lot of angst.

18. Nice thread VCM, top idea! Geez, it's been a while since I saw my bro smack into that wall, he's back on the horse and has learnt NOTHIN!

19. Way back in the old Netrider Yahoo forum in 2002. It was in response to a post about RFID tracking... (some things never really change) :LOL:

... <lots of waffle snipped>

The real danger is the sort of reasoning that this is a "good thing".
    There is a strong school of thought out there that resents the idea
    that people might actually enjoy either riding or driving. This
    mentality is not just aimed at motorcylists, witness the outcry over
    showing ads for cars that might hint at any sort of performance (for
    performance, read enjoyment). Motorcylists are merely the most
    visible manifestation of this and as a minority, the easiest to pick
    on.

The wowser mentality is still alive and kicking.

20. By the looks of it...