Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Your experience with anti-fog spray

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by pancreasboy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone recommend a anti-fog spray or something that will help my glasses and visor from fogging up? I've used a anti-fog sticker on my visor which worked ok but my glasses really are the problem. With summer coming, rainy days can be very hazardous for me as my visibility becomes seriously impaired by this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ross.

• Like Like x 1
  2. igt has been asked before, there is no right or wrong answer, best thing you can do is wear contacts if it really is a problem.

3. You can spend a lot on anti fog sprays or get use to riding with the visor cracked when needed.
    Most helmets will have enough venting to keep the screen clear while you are riding. If not check the vents are clear and open or buy a better helmet.
    Most times it fogs up is when you are doing under 40k's so cracking the visor is the best way.

4. he's talking about his specs not his screen

5. True Smee, but when one fogs, the other is usually a problem too.

I've found cracking the visor is the only solution. I've got a pinlock, tried dishwashing liquid, anti fog, anti fog mask etc etc etc and nothing works completely.

I can't wear contacts - my vision problem means I need the focal point distance offered by glasses (one symptom of which would be my eyes would point in different directions LOL).

6. dish washing liquid just a light rub on ya specs works great :)

thanks for the tip NASA

7. anti fog spray is a waste of time and money.. as said open the visor a bit only solution .

8. i tried cat crap on my riding glasses, well, it was crap

9. Thanks guys,

yeah i definitely leave the visor open a little bit but i think that worsens the problem with my glasses (dunno if it's condensation or what). So I might try the dishwashing trick and see how that goes and possibly get another visor sticker since that seemed to help last summer.

I'll tell you how I go next foggy morning :)

10. Use the breath guard?

11. This works on the interior windscreen glass of the car, worth a try for the glasses problem you have:

Rain-X Interior Glass Anti-Fog

Rain-X Anti Fog eliminates and prevents interior fogging and steaming instantly avoiding that annoying wait for the cars demister. No longer will you have to put up with reduced visibility if using the cars heater, even on the coldest winter nights.

Simply apply a small amount of Rain-X with a microfibre glass or cotton cloth to the interior side of the glass and allow to dry.