Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Your dream bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FakeJimmyMorgan, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Ok NetRiders....heres some background.

My Dad was a biker from years before I was born. I remember he had a red Kawasaki and I was too short to even climb onto it as a little tacker. I got my licence after watching Ewan McGregor's Long Way Round series and wanted to do a big bike trip.

Before I got the funds up for a bike that would be suitable I got really sick and wound up with an osmotic bag and not being able to ride for ages.

I still was desperate to ride and I managed to keep my ZZR250 but began watching a heap of House MD (on the hospital tv service) and loved that here was this guy with medical issues, who was cool, and rode a bike. Ever since I would love to own a Repsol CBR like Hugh Laurie's in the series. it has become my dream bike.

What's yours? c5f6a83232e5a1315a7d944e503da97c-2.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Z1000 or cb1000r.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Kawasaki H2R or MV Agusta F3 800, they just look awesome
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm already riding it..
    • Like Like x 8
  5. 2015-BMW-S1000-XR.
    • Like Like x 7
  6. P90136332_highRes1.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Custom-Sin-Rival-Motorcycle-by-Marcus-Walz.

bike (2).
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dream bike is definitely the R6 right now, I just love the aggressive look it has and just really catches my eye!
  9. Tis but a dream but at least I tried to reach for it :cry: Next life time when I am a 6'2" male like my brothers both were- they can be the short arse tubby females ! I'll start riding at 14 and progress rapidly to a stable of supersports bikes top of which will be the Aprilia RSV4R :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. OldmaidOldmaid are you going to get a zx10 instead? I'm 6'2 and couldn't really ride an rsv4 either, my legs are too long. My dream bike is something like a ktm 690smc but with a hossack front end and 100hp.
  11. Oldman, I thought you'd bought one?
  12. People laugh at me for this, but a Honda Goldwing. The GL1500 was one of the bikes I looked at and thought I wanted one when I was younger. I now can't decide between a BMW K1600GTL or Honda GL1800 once my restrictions expire.
  13. Oldman? Pfffft!
    Okay, let's crack the scab then. I had a deposit on a 2015 model and it just couldn't be lowered enough without royally screwing everything up ...so no deal.
  14. I have quite a list but I am leaning towards a Zx10 or Z1000 they lower quite well.
    November will be decision time :)
  15. Night rod, gsxs1000, s1000r
  16. I lean more to the adventure style...

Triumph Tiger 800 XCA

17. 381613382.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. I have a few dream bikes (hopefully I can own all of them at the same time :p ).

- 2009-2012 Yamaha r1
    - 2013 BMW s1000rr hp4
    - 2008 -2012 Honda CBR600rr
  19. Get a 2011-15 ZX10R...you won't regret it 8)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have just got rid of one of my dream bikes, Ducati Monster.

Next dream bike on the list is a Ducati Diavel. I test rode one before buying the Monster, at the time just wasn't sure on it, but I still lust after one!
    • Like Like x 3