Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Your $50k 3-Used-Bike Garage

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, Apr 28, 2016.

1. It's a total ripoff of Redmosquito's excellent thread, but I and a number of others found it hard to imagine buying only new bikes, because (a) we don't (and I have bored everyone here to tears with explanations of why) and (b) the 50 grand doesn't go that far with brand new bikes, but a hell of a lot further on desirable used bikes.

So, rules are pretty simple: 3 bikes, actual prices found on Bikesales (you can link if you want) and please specify the year of the bike you're looking at.

Side note: I wouldn't put an extra 10 grand of farkles on a 10 grand bike, either, but I might buy one after someone else did. ;)

2. $20000 harley night rod special 2013
    $20000 BMW s1000r 2015
    $10000 wr450f 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hmm, I think I want a big serious tourer for freeway-only stuff, a hoon-bike for around town and the twisties and... I dunno: I do like a dirt bike but don't really have a place to ride on a regular basis. Maybe something cruiser-adjacent like a Diavel.

Should do some work for a while before picking specific models/machines.
  4. I already have three used bikes..... well, two, and one scooter.

I have no room for more bikes, and I am happy with the ones I have.

But, with 50 grand, I could build another garage......THEN, I could look at more bikes. :)

Any money left over could be spent on beer.
  5. 2014 Victory Judge $15995

2005 Yamaha XVS650 $7490

2011 Yamaha YZ250F $5,499*
    2011 YZ250F , You wont find better with this few hours, In outstanding condition with heaps of bling, This bike is immaculate,It comes with Hammerhead gear and brake levers,Gold Excel rims, HD spokes,Renthall twin wall bars, Oversize front brake,RHK clutch cover plus much more, Recreational registration is available.

All bikes on bikes sales (Vic)
  6. OK, here goes:

2011 Honda ST1300 ABS with 17,561 km on the clock - $12,999

2015 MV Agusta Brutale Dragster RR with 7,609 km - $19,000

2013 Ducati Diavel Dark with Termis and 39,000 km - $16,250

Comfortably within budget... although with these 3 in the garage I might need another 50 grand for fines and lawyers...
  7. This is soooo much easier than with new bikes :D
    I'll just go with actual deals that have caught my eye
    2010 Ducati Multistrada S - $16K - Want the modes, don't want skyhook.
    2009 KTM 990 Adv - $12.5K - still the best giant bike in the dirt (reportedly), but also very good at getting there.
    2014 MV Agusta Dragster - $17K - yes, could have gone RR but leaving some in the pot for servicing. Regrettably, now too old and inflexible for a proper sportsbike.

In the real world, would probably settle on an 1190 and a Striple.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ducati 750 Sport round case
    Pre unit Bonneville
    DRZ400 Motard