Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Young 'uns

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by es, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Ive been asked by pm if I know of many other (melbourne) young uns on netrider. I am curious too!

I know quite a few people are put off coming to coffee nights and the like as they assume only "old" people will be there, Ive been to friday coffee a few times but have to admit I generally prefer to spend my time with people who arent literally twice my age or older - no offence ment.

I would like to meet some people closer to my age group as it sometimes gets tiring being the baby :(

So if you are between 18(legal) and 25, and interested in meeting up for possible "young uns" events, please post here to let me know!

2. I've often wondered the same thing, i know at all the netrider events i've been to i have only ever met 7-8 netriders < 25 y.o. and whilst it's great meeting all of you it gets a bit weird sometimes hanging out with riders that are older than my parents :LOL:
    Just a guess but i would think that the average age on this forum would have to be mid 30's.

Oh and Eswen my names Michael and i'm 21, it'd be nice to meet you and some other younger members sometime ;)

3. Hmm I'd probably be up for that... been meaning to get along to the coffee night at some point but yeah... got the impression that I'd be lucky to see anyone near my age (20). Anyone else interested?

4. my names actually lisa baby, oh i mean yammy chick ;) :LOL:

there are a few young uns at coffee nights, but not many/in a group. I would love to see a night organised where the young uns are a majority ;)

5. Mabye we can all hang out at the local arcade and get some milkshakes and hotdogs for lunch and then afterwards my mum can pick us all up and we can all play with my new nintendo...I just got mario kart. :p :LOL:

But Seriously this is something that i would be up for i would think that it'd be good meeting some more people interested in bikes that are my own age.

6. If it gets organised, be sure to let me know and i'll bring the beast along. :)

Mid-week cruise, coffee, then cruise home would be good?
    I live in StKilda & Bentleigh (depending on the day) :)

7. oooh arcades!!! motorbike racing games!!! we can play make believe we are like real bikers and ride and Ill beat you!

8. ooooooooo.... beat me with what :p :p :p :p

9. Geez, this is all a bit harsh... I'm not 30 yet, but well over 25 - now I feel left out! *sulk*

I behave like I'm about 14, do I count?

10. i'm also a youngin!

what interests do you guys have? (apart from the bleeding obvious)... .... .... (bleeding obvious = motorbikes)

music scene for me: punk/ "emo" / metal(just a bit)

am a reformed computer nerd... but i can still be 1337 sometimes..... *ahem*

work in computers/helpdesk

studying engineering

11. voyager, i think we could cater for those who are "young at heart" but 29 is still young! :p i know a few party animals that are going strong week in week out at 29...

heck, my mum's 60 and shes out most nights (not on the booze though)

12. Yes voyager, you count. More than welcome... I think everyone is more than welcome but we tryin' to get some more active young un's and some young un's are scared by slightly more aged people. :)

13. /me mutters under his breath about agism and whipper snappers and how it stucks to be pushing 30 ;)

Justin.

14. Are you going on age or maturity? I think I have the best of both worlds. I can drink you under the table and still lack the common sence that would suggest not to set the challenge. :cool:

15. We all enjoy a common passion/enjoyment in riding, yet love to segregate and differentiate ourselves into even smaller minority groups?!? .. I don't get it :)

Why not just come along to existing coffee nights .. then there would be a 'younger' presence? Personally ... the coffee nights and other events do get a representative turn-out of those < 25 anyways?

I guess, at 33, I'm just an old fart who doesn't get it because I like and am happy to talk to riders of any age :LOL: :LOL:

16. I'm don't post all that often so most of you have no idea I even exist, but I'd be up for it.

Would be uber fun to go for a group ride or meet for a coffee and bike chat with people my age.

17. OK..... what about a night for the oldie's...... when I go to coffee's it's always full of youngens, you know.. those under 40..us OFARCS could have a night where we bring piccies of our Grandchildren and talk about our operations.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

18. Yeah, emo's scare me too :shock:

19. Non taken :)
    But don't forget...there's alot of knowledge to be found hanging around the "oldies" (coff). One can learn alot from the collective experience.
    But I understand your sentiments..