Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Young Cruiser Riders

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by Cayne, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, I was just wondering. Am I the only young guy getting around on a cruiser? :shock:
    My name is Cayne, I am 22, I ride an XVS650 and I am keen to do some adventuring and going around on some rides with others.
    No offence to the generally older cruiser riders! But it would be good meet a few guys around my age who ride cruisers.

Anyway, if there are any of you out there, give me a yell. My email is cayne @ cayneismy . name

Cheers

Cayne

2. That depends on what you call young.
    I'm 28, mate of mine will be turning 29 in a few months; we both ride cruisers.
    By the same token, there's plenty of older guys and girls on sports or similar bikes.
    Don't dismiss rides just because there's a majority of sports bikes present, you might be surprised at just how slow some of them can be! ;)

3. My mate's 23, not on this forum yet. He's got a Kawasaki Eliminator 250 and just bought a 1977 z650.

I think after being on the Z he probably won't go back to a full cruiser style bike - I can see torquey naked bikes in his future.

4. Hey mate, where are you and your mate from?

Yeh, I definetly don't dismiss rides because of sports bikes or older guys and girls. This post was just to check if there are any others like myself, under 30 and on the back of a cruiser. I was just interested mate. :)

Cheers for the reply mate.

5. check out the 3 ferry ride, there are some cruisers coming so you can ride with them then hang with the wippersnappers on the sports bikes at the rest breaks ;)

6. Thanks mate, ill check it out.

Just looked at your Avatar, We ride the exact same bike ;) You got the Blue one or the Black?

7. Hey... i'm 28 on an XVS650 (almost 29 - almost into the old category)...

My mates are on sportsbikes - just purchased a street triple r 2 month wait for him (still has his CBR250) and the other just bought a huysong, taking him for his first ride on saturday.

8. Black when its clean, kind of dusty and streaky at the moment with all the wet weather riding lately :oops:

9. Haha I hear you there. Mines the black one too. Just gave it a clean on Sunday so mines pretty shiny at the moment. But yeah, come the rain, and its instantly grubby again haha. I find cleaning and polishing relaxing though, so I don't mind doing it :)

10. Haha, you are only as young as you feel, and I don't class 30 as old, age does not really matter, I was just curious as to weather there were "younger" cruiser riders out there.

You in Sydney mate?

11. where do you live? I'll bring my bike over so you can relax some more :LOL:

12. haha, i think you can do your own relaxing mate :wink:

13. I'm 21. Once I'm off restrictions, I have every intention on getting a cruiser. Still not decided on which one exactly.

14. hey mate,

Im 29 and ride a VT750, im in Sydney

15. Awesome mate. Where abouts in Sydney are you from? I am out near Parramatta.
    You be interested in group riding?

16. Nice one mate. What brands have you been looking at?

17. The answer is, is that older people suffer from dementia and they begin to cruisers make them look cool. Young people who ride them suffer from early onset dementia. I'd be very concerned.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

18. Ha, well I can assure you I do not have an early case of dementia. :shock:
    Everyone is different, with different tastes in aesthetic style, comfort and riding styles.
    I guarantee I am 100% not Concerned for my mental health lol, just more concerned you had the time and felt the need to come and post a useless comment
    :LOL:

19. Hi Cayne
    Age is just a number :)
    Have a look at the NSW rides "3 ferry run" hope to see you there :)
    Cheers
    Alfie

20. I know its just a number mate :p
    Most people have taken this post as an "I only want to ride with cruisers and young people" - Not the case.
    This post was just to see how many other young cruiser riders like myself were out there. I am not trying to segrigate myself haha :p

Perhaps I will see you at the 3 Ferry Run Alfie. I just hope nothing comes up to stop me.

Cayne[/quote]