Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

You'd have to park your bike on the wharf...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ktulu, Aug 24, 2007.

1. This would be the coolest thing to live in :cool:

2. harumpf, you wouldn't catch ME living in sub-standard accommodation :LOL:.
  3. wow that would be awesome.

the only thing i would be concerned about is lack of space, but it seems reasonabley spacious, however the 2.2m floor to ceiling would be a little close for someone clostraphobic and 6"2 like me let alone someone much taller.

but awesome concept. $4 - $5 mill isnt really that outrageous when you consider land prices either

how cool is the cliff one too. this will kill 20mins that i should be spending trying to work out why a pc wont re-image, cheers
  4. well that beat the hell of the barge I was designing...
  5. great for monsoon season

6. I was working on a 160 foot motor yacht once, and three, yes three, 20,000 litre road tankers were unloading fuel into it. So what's that, around $70k in fuel? Sure you'd get a discount for bulk, so let's make it $50k! :LOL:
    Plus the three full time staff, and half dozen casuals.......skipper pulled down about $80k US a year, engineer about the same, bosun/chef/deckhand around $45k from memory. Berthage for something this size would be around $3k/month.
    Running and looking after one of these boats is a full time job!
    Those in the know budget around 5-10% of the purchase price per year in running costs.
    WHat the smart people do is buy them for their business, or set up a business to buy and run them (usually a subsidiary of their much larger business), and run them as "charter" boats, so they are a seperate business and you can do all teh depreciation, running costs, pour money into them from the other business etc tax dodging.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. ocean views!!