Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

You only need to worry if you've done something wrong?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by [FLUX], Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh really?

Interesting pair of videos, giving a perspective on the flaws of talking to the police even if you're completely innocent.

They are two parts from the same presentation.

I think that both videos together put forward an extremely strong argument against what I often see written here in various threads, whereby it's stated that if you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to worry about. The videos put forward real cases and real scenarios (and some hypothetical ones) whereby that hasn't turned out to be true.
  2. saw theese the other day. its a sad fact...but when in doubt STFU
  3. Loz posted the same thing in Off Topic a few weeks ago.

If I've learnt anything in recent years it's that the police are to be avoided if at all possible.

Whether innocent or not - avoid the police.

They, and the system that supports whatever they decide to do, is not 100% trustworthy.
  4. Hadn't realised that it was posted in "Off Topic".

I do see there comments about Australia not having a Bill Of Rights (i.e. no 5th amendment equivalent).

There is a way around this, as a number of Australian politicians have recently demonstrated. The answers to always give are: "I am not sure at this time", or "I don't recall at this time". In essence, answering in that manner is basically the same as exercising the equivalent of a 5th amendment by avoiding incriminating oneself. Answering in this way still allows you to "recall" events at a later time (i.e. if/when in court) as required as your memory may have been "jogged" by testimony or evidence.
  5. refer to the original thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.