Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

You just never know!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by gegvasco, Apr 22, 2006.

1. You just never know where the threat is going to come from! Today, riding in moderate traffic on the Pacific Highway at St. Leonards, following an old-model Volvo(no this isn't another Volvo driver story). As per usual was scanning the road ahead and riding just off the centre of the lane. Going round a slight corner when I notice a burst of steam come from the Volvo's engine. About 1 second later I notice the road behind the Volvo suddenly turning wet and green! :shock: I'm guessing the bloke's bottom radiator hose had let go and deposited a torrent of anti-freeze all over the road. Would have made for a slippery time but luckily with the little bit of reaction time I had left, managed to swerve out of the way and back off while he manoeuvred off the road.

Moral of the story, as best you can in city traffic, try to maintain your minimum 2 seconds gap to the vehicle ahead. If I had been any closer, I wouldn't have been able to avoid the slippery plume and god knows what would have happened then.
  2. nice storey

i was not aware St. Leonards had a Pacific Highway :shock: learn something new each day :grin:

cheers :cool:
  3. [IMG:574:367:441433476a]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/gegvasco/pachwy.jpg[/img:441433476a]