Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

You have been watching too many Isle of Man vids when . . .

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Mickyb V9, Mar 27, 2007.

1. . . . your riding towards the city (Sydney) on Bridge Rd.
    Go through the traffic lights at the intersection with Glebe Point Rd at Glebe with a bit of speed.

. . . . and

Get your VTR250 airbourne momentarily ! :shock:

Holy crap !!!
    I didn't know I had motocross riding skills ! :eek:

Last time i'll be doing that !
    It bought a smile to my face and maybe a bruised groin area and blown oil fork seals. :LOL:

. . . i wonder how the Monster would go ! ;)

2. "oops! cold tires!"

3. getting the lil vtr in the air is good fun. ive got no idea how you got it airbourne there, you must have been doing at least 90?? but yeah, i love doing 4th gear clutch monos over that crest. makes the lil 250 feel like a real bike!!

cheers
    dom

4. I loved popping the spada over smooth speed humps, getting some nice air, until I went too far and wished I had a 12 oclock bar. The bike landed upsidedown, where it stayed.

5. I know where you are talking about, and I got air in a 2 tonne car ther once. I loved that car! :twisted:

You haven't lived till you've had 19ft of car sideways.

Regards, Andrew.

6. nah, poor RTA road design.
    vertical radius is too great !

. . . but then again it does comply if your doing the posted speed ! :grin:

7. Sorry, but I'm just going to use this thread as an excuse to post this...

[​IMG]

8. "oops! cold tires!" is an old go-karting joke
    a funny excuse for getting sideways/airborne; you didn't spin out from driving too fast, you spun out because your tires were just too cold. :)