Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yoshimura RS3 on 2000 GSXR 750 - need re tuning?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Chlowen, May 7, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Just picked up my new bike, 2000 gsxr 750, very nice bike to ride. It came with a Yoshi RS3 and I am pretty sure the full system aswell. The previous owner told me that the engine/oil light has remained on since it was installed, there is nothing wrong with the motor or oil levels, but he did say that he didn't get it retuned, does this sound right? Should I take it in to get it re-tuned?

2. If it was the fuel injection light I can see how that would come on, often removing sensors in the exhaust will throw an error code.

But the oil light? Shouldn't be related to the exhaust?

If its a full system it would benefit from a remap. Does it ride nice and smoothly, or does it have dips through the powerband? If it rides well I wouldn't bother, I got mine retuned as there were dips in power which made it frustrating to ride at small % throttle positions (ie most of the time for me).
  3. Sorry, it is the FI light, just spoke to a shop, they said exact same thing as you, a sensor on the exhaust. The bike rides fine, the shop said they could disable if I wanted. Rides great at slow speeds.
    Thanks for the reply phizog.