Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yoshimura RS-5 Sound Levels and LED Blinkers

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Fleb, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Hey All,

I now have my new bike (07 CBR600rr) and i am having two concerns.

1. I have a Carbon RS-5 slip on the bike and am thinking it is too loud for riding around town (Wagga Wagga). Is there an option for a silencer? i have done some searching but couldn't come up with much.

2. The front blinkers have been replaced with LEDs (Blinking very Fast), is the best solution to run 8ohm 10 watt resistors in parallel or is there something better? and also are they illegal in NSW.

I am trying to stay off the black list in Wagga as if i get listed it will make it even harder to keep my points.

Anyway i have to say that it is an amazing bike and beautiful to drive. First road trip in about 3 weeks to Dubbo and Mudge.

Thanks for help,

2. In the light of two threads in 24 hours from people illegally modifying bikes, your's is a refreshing change, Phil.

I'd see an auto-electrician about slowing down the blink rate of those indicators, (or replace them with the originals). Wagga is a big town, but you can bet the boys in blue know every single vehicle in it :wink:.
  3. Put the stock can back on.