Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yoshimura for a GSF1250S Best place to buy?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Blackbandit, Dec 1, 2007.

1. I have been thinking about a Yoshimura can for my 08 Bandit anyone have any advice about where to buy or in general for this bike?

I am pretty confident i could fit it myself but will the bike need tuning after fitting?

I have thought about ordering one from the USA anyone have any store recommendations?
  2. I've got a Yoshimura tri-oval on my Bandit, it did require re-tuning.

Fitting the can is the easy bit IMO :)
  3. I still have not got a Yoshi yet cannot decide if the oval or tri-oval would be best and then there are the different materials carbon, titanium & stainless will it make any difference to sound or weight?
  4. The metal cans have a 'sharper' sound IMO, the weight differences are minor between the various types of materials.

Stainless lasts the best (but is heaviest), carbon fibre lasts the worst (but is light and not terribly expensive and it doesn't get as hot on the outside), titanium is potentially the lightest and lasts well too (but is generally the most expensive).

To be honest the differences make little difference on a road bike like a Bandit.

Buy the one you like the look of the best and enjoy it :)