Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yoshi rs-3 slip-on exhaust

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dutch, Feb 23, 2006.

1. we'll i finally bought a new exhaust for my bike, installed it last night, and have a question that someone might be able to answer. according to the instructions from yoshi usa, u are supposed to drill a hole into the stock mid pipe then place the supplied rivet in the hole, then tighen the exhaust clamp over the top of this. its supposed to prevent the slip-on exhaust from turning around? anyways, i didnt want to start drilling things so I left this part out. just wondering would this make much of a difference? thx in advance!

2. I would follow instructions from maker :grin:
  3. its supposed to prevent the slip-on exhaust from turning around

If you missed that step you may get the above problem as the instructions say.
  4. how will it turn around?

It has a stainless strap that wraps around the can and bolts to your rear footpeg assembly.

I fitted an RS3 on the ZX6R & never had to drill any holes anywhere.
  5. similiar with my bike. I had to put bolts back into the can and there was no way it was going to spin around, certainly did not have to go and drill the bugger......all else fails follow the instructions :LOL:

Cheers :cool:
  6. ahh mine was easy to install
    4 bolts on the muffler and one on the peg...
    all done :grin:

good luck though
  7. thx 4 ur advice guys, I think Ill leave it as is 4 now, got the bike in 4 a service 2day, myt ask the mechanic what he thinks also :)