Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Omecle, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Hey all, getting my L's next Thursday at Calder Park in Victoria. Excited and can't wait! Girlfriend and I have been looking at bikes, but the bad part is she is very short (see Katepants' thread on GPX250 question).

Anyway, looking to sell my car before I invest in a bike. Looking at a new GPX250 (ZZR's are a bit expensive...), or maybe CBR250.

2. Welcome to Netrider and the fun of two fewer wheels :LOL:.

{Then again, if the g/f gets a bike too, then you'll be back up to four wheels again :wink:}.
  3. welcome to NR

i do say so hornet, you are right again
  4. mayb wait for the new ninja 250 out real soon. looks alot better than the gpx.

And hi by the way. Have a look at 2nd hand bikes and try save yourself some dosh

5. Hey, thanks guys. :D

Definitely will look around at some second hand bikes, though the new ninja250's do look pretty damn hot. Still, I'd rather spend my money on the right gear before even thinking about the bike.

Any suggestions on what kind of gear to look at? I was thinking of some draggin jeans, a leather jacket with some armour in it, and just look around for some gloves, boots and helmet.